1. All films must have been completed after 1st April 2015.
2. All feature films (UK and International) must have a minimum running time of 70 minutes.
3. All short films must have a maximum running time of 20 minutes.
4. All films (shorts and features) must not have received UK theatrical distribution before 7th May 2017.
5. The primary contact for each submission must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music, images and other material within the film. By completing this submission, the applicant confirms that they possess all rights necessary for the screening of the submitted film at this film festival.
6. If the original language of the film is not English, the preview and screening copy must be subtitled in English.
7. All films submitted to the festival must be available for screening at the BFI during the 2017 LOCO London Comedy Film Festival (4th May – 7th May)
8. The Discovery Feature Film Award will be awarded to a new UK feature filmmaker. Only submissions of UK feature films will be eligible for the award.
9. To be eligible for the Discovery Feature Film Award your submission must not have received theatrical distribution before 7th May 2017 and the film’s director must not have previously directed any film that received theatrical distribution.
10. All short films selected for the 2017 festival will be eligible for the Discovery Short Film Award.
11. All submitting filmmakers must complete their submission and provide the correct payment through Flock otherwise the submission will not be considered.
12. The final selection of all films and their placement in the programme is the responsibility of LOCO programmers and their decision is final.
13. Due to the large number of submissions we are unable to offer feedback on individual films or unsuccessful entries.
14. All filmmakers will be notified if their film has been selected by Friday 12th February 2017.
15. If shortlisted, filmmakers will need to provide an online link to their film for judging purposes (if not supplied at time of submission).
16. If selected for screening as part of the festival the filmmaker will need to provide a screening copy of their film by a deadline given at the time of notification. Screening formats are due to be decided as it depends on the screening venue. This can be discussed and confirmed if your film is selected.
Delivery of Selected Films
17. The cost of dispatching the screening copy to LOCO will be paid by the sender. The cost of returning the screening copy from the festival will be paid by LOCO. (N.B, this may be altered for international screening copies depending on the circumstances and screening formats involved).
18. It is the responsibility of the owner of the screening copy to ensure adequate insurance coverage for both inward and outward shipment as well as the time it is in LOCO’s possession. LOCO is not responsible for any loss or damage to the screening copy whilst it is in our possession.
19. By completing the submission the applicant allows the reproduction of stills and film clips (under 3mins) for LOCO publications, festival trailer, press and TV screening.
20. Additional promotional material such as press packs are not necessary at this stage and should not be included.
Terms and Conditions
21. By completing the submission you agree to the terms and conditions in this document. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in the submission being disqualified.
22. These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.